Beholder Eye Tyrant
Large aberrant magical beast
Level 19 Solo Artillery XP 12000
|HP 720; Bloodied 360||Initiative +16|
|AC 33, Fortitude 29, Reflex 31, Will 33||Perception+17|
|Speed , fly 4 (hover)||All-around vision, Darkvision|
|Saving Throws +5; Action Points 2|
Enemies can’t gain combat advantage by flanking the beholder.
Attack: Melee 1 (one creature); +24 vs. AC
Hit: 4d8 + 7 damage.
Eye Rays At-Will
Effect: The beholder uses two of the following eye rays, using each against a different target. This attack does not provoke opportunity attacks.
1. Searing Ray (radiant): Ranged 10; +24 vs. Reflex; 3d10 + 11 radiant damage.
2. Withering Ray (necrotic): Ranged 10; +24 vs. Fortitude; 2d8 + 9 damage, and ongoing 10 necrotic damage (save ends).
3. Sleep Ray (charm): Ranged 10; +24 vs. Will; the target falls unconscious (save ends).
4. Telekinesis Ray: Ranged 10; +24 vs. Fortitude; the beholder slides the target up to 4 squares.
5. Hold Ray: Ranged 10; +24 vs. Reflex; the target is restrained (save ends).
6. Confusion Ray (charm): Ranged 10; +24 vs. Will; the target uses a free action to charge the nearest ally it is able to charge.
7. Terror Ray (fear, psychic): Ranged 10; +24 vs. Will; 2d12 + 8 psychic damage, and the target moves its speed as a free action. If it does not end this movement at least 4 squares farther from the beholder than it began, the target takes 2d12 + 8 psychic damage.
8. Petrifying Ray: Ranged 10; +24 vs. Fortitude; the target is slowed (save ends).
First Failed Saving Throw: The target is immobilized instead of slowed (save ends).
Second Failed Saving Throw: The target is petrified.
9. Death Ray (necrotic): Ranged 10; +24 vs. Fortitude; 4d10 + 6 necrotic damage. If the target is bloodied before or after the attack, it is also dazed (save ends).
First Failed Saving Throw: The target is dazed and weakened (save ends both).
Second Failed Saving Throw: The target dies.
10. Disintegrate Ray: Ranged 10; +24 vs. Fortitude; 2d10 + 9 damage, and ongoing 2d20 damage (save ends).
Eye Ray Frenzy Recharge
Requirement: The beholder must be bloodied.
Effect: As eye rays above, except the eye tyrant makes four eye ray attacks.
Central Eye At-Will 1/round
Attack: Close blast 5 (enemies in the blast); +22 vs. Will
Hit: The target cannot use encounter or daily attack powers until the end of its next turn.
Random Eye Ray At-Will
Trigger: The beholder is conscious and an enemy starts its turn within 5 squares of it.
Effect (No Action): The beholder uses one random eye ray against the triggering enemy.
Str 18 (+13) Dex 24 (+16) Wis 17 (+12)
Con 20 (+14) Int 22 (+15) Cha 28 (+18)
Alignment evil Languages Deep Speech
Published in Monster Manual, page(s) 32, Dungeon Delve, page(s) 112, Monster Vault, page(s) 27.