Large aberrant magical beast
Level 9 Solo Artillery XP 2000
|HP 392; Bloodied 196||Initiative +9|
|AC 23, Fortitude 21, Reflex 22, Will 22||Perception+11|
|Speed 0, fly 4 (hover)||All-around vision, Darkvision|
|Saving Throws +5; Action Points 2|
Enemies can’t gain combat advantage by flanking the beholder.
Attack: Melee 1 (one creature); +14 vs. AC
Hit: 2d8 + 8 damage.
Eye Rays At-Will
Effect: The beholder uses two of the following eye rays, using each against a different target. This attack does not provoke opportunity attacks.
1. Charm Ray (charm): Ranged 10; +14 vs. Will; the target is dominated until the end of its next turn.
2. Wounding Ray (necrotic): Ranged 10; +14 vs. Fortitude; 2d10 + 6 necrotic damage.
3. Sleep Ray (charm): Ranged 10; +14 vs. Will; the target is immobilized (save ends).
First Failed Saving Throw: The target is knocked unconscious instead of immobilized (save ends).
4. Telekinesis Ray: Ranged 10; +14 vs. Fortitude; the beholder slides the target up to 4 squares.
5. Slowing Ray (necrotic): Ranged 10; +14 vs. Reflex; 3d6 + 5 necrotic damage, and the target is slowed (save ends).
6. Brilliant Ray (radiant): Ranged 10; +14 vs. Will; 1d6 + 5 radiant damage, and the target is blinded (save ends).
7. Terror Ray (fear, psychic): Ranged 10; +14 vs. Will; 2d8 + 5 psychic damage, and the beholder pushes the target its speed.
8. Petrifying Ray: Ranged 10; +14 vs. Fortitude; the target is petrified (save ends).
Aftereffect: The target is immobilized (save ends).
9. Death Ray (necrotic): Ranged 10; +14 vs. Fortitude; 2d8 + 10 necrotic damage. If the target is bloodied before or after the attack, it is also dazed (save ends).
First Failed Saving Throw: The target is dazed and weakened (save ends both).
Second Failed Saving Throw: The target dies.
10. Disintegrate Ray: Ranged 10; +14 vs. Fortitude; 1d8 + 5 damage, and ongoing 10 damage (save ends).
Eye Ray Frenzy Recharge
Requirement: The beholder must be bloodied
Effect: As eye rays above, except the beholder makes three eye ray attacks.
Central Eye At-Will (1/round)
Attack: Close blast 5 (enemies in the blast); +12 vs. Will
Hit: The target cannot use encounter or daily attack powers until the end of its next turn.
Random Eye Ray At-Will
Trigger: The beholder is conscious and an enemy starts its turn within 5 squares of it.
Effect (No Action): The beholder uses one random eye ray against the triggering enemy.
Str 18 (+8) Dex 20 (+9) Wis 15 (+6)
Con 18 (+8) Int 19 (+8) Cha 20 (+9)
Alignment evil Languages Deep Speech
Published in Monster Vault, page(s) 26, Madness at Gardmore Abbey, page(s) 3-28, Dungeon Magazine 192, Dungeon Magazine 196, Dungeon Magazine 206, Dungeon Magazine 214, Dungeon Magazine 216.