Huge aberrant magical beast
Level 27 Solo Controller XP 55000
|HP 984; Bloodied 492||Initiative +22|
|AC 41, Fortitude 38, Reflex 39, Will 40||Perception+20|
|Speed 0, fly 8 (hover)||All-around vision, Darkvision|
|Saving Throws +5; Action Points 2|
Merciless Eyes Aura 5
When an enemy starts its turn in the aura and in the gibbering orb’s line of sight, the gibbering orb uses one random eye ray against that enemy.
Enemies can’t gain combat advantage by flanking the gibbering orb.
Attack: Melee 1 (one creature); +32 vs. AC
Hit: 6d6 + 14 damage, and one of the orb’s mouths detaches and repeats this attack against the target at the start of each of the orb’s turns. The mouth falls off when one of these attacks misses.
Eye Rays At-Will
Effect: The gibbering orb uses two of the following eye rays, each against a different target. This attack does not provoke opportunity attacks.
1. Mindcarving Ray (psychic): Ranged 10; +30 vs. Will; 3d8 + 11 psychic damage, and the target is dazed (save ends).
2. Flesheating Ray (necrotic): Ranged 10; +30 vs. Fortitude; 3d8 + 11 necrotic damage, and ongoing 10 necrotic damage (save ends).
3. Bonewarping Ray: Ranged 10; +30 vs. Fortitude; 2d8 + 8 damage, and the target is weakened (save ends).
4. Bloodfeasting Ray: Ranged 10; +30 vs. Reflex; 3d8 + 11 damage, and ongoing 10 damage (save ends).
5. Farsending Ray (psychic): Ranged 10; +30 vs. Reflex; the target is removed from play until the end of the gibbering orb’s next turn, when it reappears in the same space (or the nearest unoccupied space if that space is occupied). When it returns, the target takes 3d8 + 11 psychic damage, and takes a -5 penalty to saving throws until the end of the encounter.
6. Souleating Ray (necrotic): Ranged 10; +30 vs. Will; 2d8 + 8 necrotic damage, and the target is slowed (save ends).
First Failed Saving Throw: The target is immobilized instead of slowed (save ends).
Second Failed Saving Throw: The target dies.
Trigger: The gibbering orb starts its turn.
Attack: Close burst 5 (nondeafened creatures in the burst); +30 vs. Will
Hit: The target is dazed until the end of the gibbering orb’s next turn.
Str 27 (+21) Dex 28 (+22) Wis 15 (+15)
Con 22 (+19) Int 17 (+16) Cha 31 (+23)
Alignment Unaligned Languages -
Updated in Dungeon 192.
Published in Monster Manual, page(s) 127, Dungeon Delve, page(s) 176, Dungeon Magazine 192.