Level 4 TrapXP 175
Detect Perception DC 21Initiative —
HP 40 for the trapdoor and cage (see below)
AC 12, Fortitude 11, Reflex 5, Will —
Immune cold, necrotic, poison, psychic, radiant, forced movement, all conditions, ongoing damage
Attack (varies) Encounter
Trigger: A creature enters the trapped square.
Attack (Immediate Reaction): Melee 1 (triggering creature); +7 vs. Reflex
Hit: The trap has one of the following effects.
1. Acid Vials (acid): 2d8 + 4 acid damage, and ongoing 5 acid damage (save ends). Miss: Half damage.
2. Stone Block: 2d10 + 7 damage, the trap pushes the target up to 2 squares, and the target falls prone. Miss: Half damage, and the trap pushes the target up to 2 squares.
3. Alchemical Fire Vials (fire): 2d8 + 4 fire damage, and ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends). Miss: Half damage.
4. Green Slime: A green slime (Monster Vault, page 221) automatically hits the target with the engulf power.
5. Stirges: Two stirges (Monster Vault, page 259) emerge. They either gain a surprise round or, during an ongoing battle, act immediately in the initiative count and have combat advantage on their first turn.
6. Cage: 2d8 + 4 damage, and an iron cage slams down and locks into the floor, restraining the target (escape DC 21). The cage can be attacked (defenses and hit points above) and another character can lift the cage (Athletics DC 21) to release the target. Miss: Half damage, and the trap pushes the target up to 2 squares.
7. Poison Vials: 2d8 + 4 poison damage, and ongoing 5 poison damage (save ends). Miss: Half damage.
8. Diseased Offal: The target loses a healing surge. At the end of the encounter, the target makes a saving throw. On a failure, the target contracts level 4 filth fever at stage 1 (see Rules Compendium, page 184).
Disable: Thievery DC 21 Success: The character disables the pressure plate in the trapped square or the trapdoor above the trapped square. Failure (16 or lower): The character triggers the trap.
Published in Dungeon Magazine 201.